Our commitment to corporate responsibility is based on a firm belief that this will help us to maintain commercial advantage, manage the risks associated with our operations, increase our efficiency and enhance our reputation. To this end we seek to align our CR strategy with over-arching business plans and decision-making processes and embed our principles into the way we operate on a daily basis. Corporate Responsibility is very much in line with our corporate characteristics: a long-term, strategic approach to business, close control over our assets and a reputation for integrity and trustworthiness in the marketplace.
Our sustainability strategy, 'ETHOS', aligns our sustainability approach to Grainger’s business priorities. The purpose of ETHOS is to ensure business resilience, which we define as our ability to manage risk, to maintain income streams and to protect value in a low-growth, low-carbon environment.
Within our ETHOS strategy, there are five key themes:
- Influencing the Future - We aim to establish Grainger as a CR leader through active government engagement and industry debate
- Protecting Assets and Income - Proactive management of CR risks and opportunities to protect income streams
- Driving Efficiency - Efficiency in working practices to make Grainger a lean business and to minimise environmental impact
- Investing in Communities and Places - Maximising portfolio value by investing in places and engaging with communities
- Responsibility to Stakeholders - Managing stakeholder relationships to achieve transparency understanding and trust
Find out more at Grainger CR >